My Responsibility As Your Notary:
- I must be able to positively identify the document's signer or signers (see below for acceptable forms
- I must be present to witness the signing of all documents. (do not sign documents ahead of time.)
- I am responsible only for the signing, not for the contents of a document.
Your Responsibility As A Signer:
- You must provide one government issued photo identification before I can notarize any
documents. Some examples might be:
1. Driver's License or I.D. Card - containing your signature
2. U.S. Military I.D. Card - if it contains a written physical description
**Oregon does not allow a Matricula Consular card to be used by a Notary Public as
identification because it does not contain a written physical description.